Happy National Coffee Day! Enjoy a nice cup, and but keep in mind coffee will stain your teeth. Here's a few tips to limit the staining.
- Limit the amount of coffee you drink, and the amount of time you are drinking it. It's best to drink it all in a short time rather than sip slowly over a longer period of time.
- Drink water during, or at least after enjoying your coffee. Not only is water good for your overall health, but it also will help wash coffee away from your teeth, minimizing the staining potential.
- Brush and floss soon after drinking coffee. The longer it sits on your teeth, the more potential there is for staining. Brushing and flossing immediately after finishing your coffee removes the residue from your teeth keeping them pearly white.
- Chew sugar-free gum. Chewing gum produces saliva, which helps keep your mouth clean.
- Come in for regular cleanings. As part of your cleaning, we remove the staining. However the longer the stain is on your teeth the more stubborn it becomes and may not be able to be removed completely so don't wait too long.
- Use professional whitening products. Over the counter products may do some good, but are much weaker and less effective than professional products. Whitening can brighten your smile by several shades - a very noticeable difference.
We would be glad to help keep your smile bright and white, contact our office today.
Have you been to our Facebook page lately? We are currently in the middle of a contest to win a FREE cleaning and exam with x-rays? Here's your chance! Just guess how many items are in the jar pictured below.
So what, exactly, is in the jar? At Jensen Family Dentistry, we can make crowns in a single visit. Once a crown is made, we collect the leftover porcelain here.
Post your best guess on our Facebook page by clicking here. The closest answer will receive a free cleaning and exam with x-rays. This contest is open to new and existing patients through March 31, and the winner will be announced on Monday, April 4. Good luck!
Good news! Our office recently started accepting two additional insurance plans: Blue Cross Blue Shield BlueDental Choice PPO and Delta Dental PPO. We also still accept Aetna PPO, Assurant PPO, Guardian PPO, and United Concordia PPO.
Call our receptionist, Tina, with any questions or to schedule your appointment: 352-683-5317.