It's National Coffee Day! Tips to Keep Coffee Stains Away
September 29, 2016
Happy National Coffee Day! Enjoy a nice cup, and but keep in mind coffee will stain your teeth. Here's a few tips to limit the staining.
- Limit the amount of coffee you drink, and the amount of time you are drinking it. It's best to drink it all in a short time rather than sip slowly over a longer period of time.
- Drink water during, or at least after enjoying your coffee. Not only is water good for your overall health, but it also will help wash coffee away from your teeth, minimizing the staining potential.
- Brush and floss soon after drinking coffee. The longer it sits on your teeth, the more potential there is for staining. Brushing and flossing immediately after finishing your coffee removes the residue from your teeth keeping them pearly white.
- Chew sugar-free gum. Chewing gum produces saliva, which helps keep your mouth clean.
- Come in for regular cleanings. As part of your cleaning, we remove the staining. However the longer the stain is on your teeth the more stubborn it becomes and may not be able to be removed completely so don't wait too long.
- Use professional whitening products. Over the counter products may do some good, but are much weaker and less effective than professional products. Whitening can brighten your smile by several shades - a very noticeable difference.
We would be glad to help keep your smile bright and white, contact our office today.